Monday, August 25, 2008

"G" is for Peace.



A reference to one of my favorite artists, Michaelangelo B.

I recently recommended to SuperForester Christine Irving Stone's historical biography "The Agony and the Ecstasy."
I highly recommend it. It's an incredible read and a great introduction to both Michaelangelo's life and Italy during the Renaissance.

I've probably read it twenty times. It's that good.

Regarding "G" is for Peace. Obviously this is a nod to some very famous Christian iconography. I chose it both because I love Christian iconography, and because that famous hand was just begging for a revisit, Peace-wise.

I could do many, many "G" is for Peace pieces, each with a different "G"
In the end, I thought that this would have the most graphic impact, and why fight it? Heck, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

A big nod and special thanks to all of the wonderful religions this planet is currently hosting, or has ever hosted.
All are welcome in the SuperForest.

Love to All,

Jackson

No comments: