Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ask SuperForest: S's Question


Good Morning!

Last week we started our very own advice column: Ask SuperForest.

Our first question has come in!

"Hey guys!

First let me say that since I have discovered your site (through Jason Mraz's, as is the case with other people), I have been, taught, entertained, and inspired to try to be more "Superforesty". I have recently become a vegetarian and try only to buy local food and products. I have also make an active attempt to eliminate unnecessary waste from my day-to-day living. So far, things have been going great and I cannot wait to tell others how to be more conscientious of their decisions.

Which leads me to my question: Do you know of any local groups or sites that are similar to yourselves? I live in Orlando, Florida and would like to help contribute to a group in my general area. I recently joined my local farmer's co-op and plan on volunteering with them but I would also like to find a blog or something similar that I can help with. Have you ever thought of local branches of SuperForest? I think something like that would be a great way for individuals across the country to help contribute to their local communities. It is something I have been thinking of since visiting your blog and would like to know your thoughts since you all have been doing this a lot longer than I have.

Thanks for your time and effort in everything you all are doing, and good luck on all future endeavors!

Sincerely,
S."


S's question came in and Team SuperForest has spent a week discussing it, and here is our reply:

Dear S,

Firstly, let us say thank you so very much for your kind words about SuperForest.
Sadly, we don't really know of any local groups in the Orlando area who are doing exactly what we do here at SuperForest.

So here is our solution.

We cordially invite you, S, to join Team SuperForest!

We would love it if you joined our Team, learned to speak SuperForest, and then began the Florida arm of SF.

This past year has been one of extraordinary growth. SuperForest has gone from a one-person blog to a many-person site, with writers and contributors all over the world.

What we'd very much like to see is for the "Home Office" to remain what it is, but for every state in the U.S. to have it's own local SuperForest where sustainably-minded folk could meet, post news about local events, makes each other laugh, fall in love, grow and thrive, find happiness, etc.

So S, join our Team, learn and grow with us, and then sally forth into the great wild world with our full support to start superforest.org/florida. Create your own local Team SuperForest, organize events, celebrate ingenuity and promote inspiration and communication among your fellow Floridians and the rest of the world.

This would make us beyond happy.

For you've come to recognize a need in your neighborhood for some SuperForest-style thinking and if it doesn't exist, you must create it yourself.

We'd be very excited to help you do that.

Think about what we've said and we will post you the email chain/discussion that lead up to our reply.

Cordially yours and hoping this finds you well,

Team SuperForest.

No comments: