Saturday, July 19, 2008

Heroic. Creative. Visionary. Galactic Pizza!


Uptown Minneapolis is the location for many "hipsters". I am not hip. Not at all. Therefore, when I find myself near American Apparel on Lake and Hennepin, I feel as out of place as an Amish girl designing new applications for her iphone. Fortunately, when I find myself in Uptown I inevitably see something that reminds me that being out of place doesn't mean you don't belong. It just means you have the ability to open someone's eyes to something new and inspiring. That is, if you choose to be an inspiration.


The superheroes over at Galactic Pizza in Uptown Minneapolis certainly inspire a smile when they deliver pizza in one of these odd electric powered cars:
As you can see, when I say superhero, I mean it. Galactic Pizza has a wonderful mission:


"At Galactic Pizza we have a positive vision of the future on our planet. We see a world that lacks the greed and self centeredness that has led us into the chaotic state that we see today. We see a world full of cooperation, sustainability, and harmony with our surroundings."


Here are a few things they're up to:



1. When conditions allow, their food is delivered using 100% electric powered vehicles. And their delivery people design their own superhero costumes to deliver the planet saving pizza in.


2. All of the power purchased to run the restaurant is renewable wind energy.


3. They use packaging that is either made from recycled materials, or is 100% biodegradable.


4. Hemp products (good for you and the Earth) are incorporated into each menu category and the menu paper itself.



So... let's recap. They've got superheroes, sweet electric cars, wind energy, organic products, locally grown products, products from animals that are treated fairly, hemp, incredibly delicious and creative pizza (I really like the Paul Bunyan), truly nice people, and formica tables circa 1963.





Want proof of the nice people? Then check out how one of their superheroes chased after a purse snatcher while in uniform!








Thanks Galactic Pizza!















P.S. I don't know if the formica tables are from 1963. I made that up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. great post... only two questions, where are they located and what's their number?

Go team superforest!

j said...

Thanks! Check out www.galacticpizza.com for contact information. Unfortunately their electric cars can only deliver within the Uptown neighborhood. :)

Christine Norrie said...

Fabulous fun! Wish my neighborhood had a Galactic Pizza. Altho, I wonder what would happen if they ran into Pac-Man... http://www.pacmanhattan.com/

(PS. You are an amazing addition/contributor to SF, Jaell! Enjoying your posts very much.)

j said...

oh my gosh! pacmanhattan! hilarious!