Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sandbox Toys From Recycled Milk Containers!

Good Afternoon!

Apparently, my little one likes to steal toys away from other kids at the sandbox. Who taught him that? I was thinking we could make him sand box toys out of discarded yogurt containers, egg containers etc...but well...ok, I got lazy. I just bought him these:


All Green Toys products are made from recycled milk containers (HDPE, to be specific) in the good old US of A. Every step of their process, from milk container recycling to production and final assembly, occurs in California. And, of course, no BPA or Pthalates.






So, I guess I am still using discarded containers! Rad!

They also make other toys, including an indoor gardening kit:


I bought the set at Sons and Daughters. A great store in the East Village. If you are in NYC, check them out. I think they are one of the best kid shops in city. They always have unique items from all over the world, that you will never find at BuyBuyBaby. (For example-I bought a little hat there that was knit by women in Afghanistan). They also have a comprehensive website if you can't stop by the store.

So, if your little one is becoming a kleptomaniac at the sand box, think about getting one of these and supporting Green Toys! It also makes a great summer gift!

Play Safe!
Niki



No comments: