Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Clean your dishes with these sponges!

What an odd thing to blog about, Sponges?? How boring. I know.

That is because, to me, all sponges are basically the same. Until now.

I just bought these at Whole Foods. I admit, I bought it because I liked the packaging. I am a bit of a sucker when it comes to well designed products and that does influence what I buy. It may be pathetic, but it's the truth.



When I got home and started using it, I really liked it. Here's why:


#1: It is white. Why do we always try to disguise the filth on a sponge? When it is black or green you can't really see how dirty it really is and you are probably using it way past when you should be. Now, I can see more clearly when it is time to replace it.
#2: The loofah makes for a great scrub.
#3. The cellulose used in the sponge (which is tree fiber) is sourced from renewable tree farms. #4. 99.7% of all of the company's waste is reused in their production.
#5. It is biodegradable.

Enough said.

If you are bored with your old sponges, go to your local natural market for these Twist sponges, or to buygreen.com.

Happy cleaning!

Niki

No comments: