Friday, March 14, 2008

Simple's D.I.Y. Shoes!



Hello All,

I just wandered over to the Simple shoes site, as it is nearly Spring and I'm thinking about a new pair of Springtime kicks.

Imagine my glee upon clicking the collaboration link on the site and finding that Simple is offering a cool D.I.Y. eco-sneaker kit!

"We're proud to offer the experience of Stitch-It, the do-it-yourself shoe, and Overdue, the do-it-yourself bag! The Stitch-It and Overdue come with all you need to get started including step-by-step instructions and an invisible motivational shoe elf."

Motivational shoe elf? Could three words sound sweeter together?

And the best part? The amazing video that shows you exactly how to put your shoe together. (Set to some seriously minty ragtime, I might add.)











I wish they would let me embed it instead of just screengrabs, but you get the idea.

Now, to be frank, for 65 smackers (plus S&H), I usually prefer my kicks to come pret a porter (ready to wear) but I notice that all of the ingredients that go into the shoe are smart and sustainable, plus Simple is a great company that has repeatedly shown it's devotion to creating a better and smarter environment, so I'll just suck it up.

Now to find 65 smackers...

Need some Spring kicks for your kickers? Get 'em off Simple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

patagonia has diy shoes, too.

personally, i think they look nicer.

https://www.patagonia.com/usa/patagonia.go?assetid=18312

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorials. I am a nature lover and always shopped at Simple Shoes.