Sunday, December 16, 2007

Household Tips: Dryer Balls!

Hello All,

I read in a green-living handbook that one could replace fabric softener sheets with aluminum foil balls and get the same effect.

Really? Aluminum balls? I had to see for myself.

Luckily, my incredible girlfriend had just baked cookies and we had on hand two aluminum sheet pans. (and a chihuahua.)


I gave both pans a scrub, and one still looked good, so I put it away for later baking.


The remaining pan I cut in half.


Then, using my winter gloves, I crumpled both halves into two foil balls.


Here they are, all done.


Pop 'em into the dryer, (set on "Low" to conserve energy.)



Then I waited while my darks dried. The dryer sounded fine, but I could definitely hear my balls jangling. (So much subtext.)

BZZZZZZZ!

The dryer was done, time to see if the balls did their thing.

They sure did!

Not a wrinkle in sight, and much less static cling than usual!
Plus the dryer balls really seemed to knock loose a lot of lint.

Here are my shiny, metal, heroes.



The great part about aluminum dryer balls, besides their incredible low cost, savings to the environment and wonderful performance, is the fact that they will never wear out. Ever.

Dry a thousand loads with them and they will still be balls of crumpled up aluminum, zero change. This is smart.

To think how many dryer sheets I've thrown away. Never again.

Make yourself a pair, why doncha?

Saving your fellow humans can be fun and easy.



Love to all,

Jackson

1 comment:

niki said...

That is awesome-so easy to do! Thanks for the tip!